Saturday, March 26, 2011

Saturday surf.

I swear to god, time is speeding up.

Which makes reorders less of problem. See...I miss my deadline, and the next week comes by in a blink of an eye.

Blink again, and another week goes by.

Only time it hurts is when someone asks for something and I'm out of stock.

**********

I'll be seeing Sucker Punch, despite the 20% rating from Rotten Tomatoes. Come on, Steam Punk, blondes in skimpy sailor moon outfits, zombie German trench soldiers, Zeppelins, DRAGONS!!

Oh, did I mention blondes in skimpy sailor moon outfits?

Oh, and DRAGONS!

**********

Sometimes, like this morning, I toss off a sacrificial lamb of a post. It's the weekend; readership is down, it's what's on my mind, it shows people what's on my mind, and ... well, what the hell.

**********

Linda had me buy the book KAPTOIL Teddy Wayne, for her book reading group.

She handed it back to me today. "I can't read, when I'm writing..."

"You're going to get tossed out of reader's group," I warned.

"Branded, scorned at the one who didn't read
What do you do when you're branded,
and you know you're a writer...."

What I've noticed about reader groups is that they pick "serious" books. Which would be inconvenient for me, since I'd probably want to recommend the latest fantasy or mystery.

"Branded, scorned at the one who read S.F.
What do you do when you're branded,
and you know you're a nerd..."

The other thing I've noticed about reader's groups, is that occasionally a member picks a book that is nearly impossible to find. Either it's out of print, or so new that it's only in hardcover and has a mile long reading list at the library.

"Branded, scored as the one who picked an impossible book to find
What do you do when you're branded,
and you know you're an snob..."

No comments: