Saturday, March 22, 2008

Dreamed about twittering and blogging last night.

Obviously, this is just too much. Too much narcissism. I know I have an ego, but really....

The dream was, I find 'secret' twitters who talk about how "Notice with Duncan, it's all about me, me, me."

The second part of the dream, I'm at a bar (which I never am) and I casually mention that my best friend is getting married while I'm sitting in a bar, and one of the barflies says, "What kind of asshole doesn't even go to his best friends wedding?" And it's somehow related to the blog in mood and tone.

There is a strange socialness to it all, that I'm not used to. Friendship means reciprocal and I've always been a selfish bastard.

But, ultimately, I like the creativeness of it all. I like the self-expression -- the me, me, me....

So I'm unlikely to just stop.

And that, my fine twittered friends, is a fair warning.

4 comments:

juliejulie said...

It is all about you. And all about me. And all about each. We used to have envelopes and telephones and now we just use email and blogs and twitter. Its all the same, really.

Anonymous said...

I remember in the early 70's it was all about CB radio, everybody had CB in their car, and at home, and it was all break-break, shut and let 'ME' talk.

I guess in 'second life' you can interrupt, e.g. talk live, its a good thing while that format lasts, at least the loudest and biggest bully doesn't win in a LIFO typist world.

Here's its all about power, dunc has the power to delete all on a whim, now that is power.

I played second life about two hours got through all the goals, I would much rather play 'grand theft auto', same but more fun, by that I mean 'second life' is politically correct, but 'gta' is anything goes.

Duncan McGeary said...

I have to power to delete all on a whim, and then NOT do it. And that is even greater power.

Ha, Ha. HA! HA! HAW! Wu hahahahaha!!!!!

Duncan McGeary said...

Uh, sorry. Power went to my head for a moment.

There is a control in this, that you don't get in real life. A remote control, if you will.

So far, at least, it seems like a meritocracy. Though nothing stays a meritocracy forever, human nature being what it is.

Being anonymous give you more control, but perhaps less power.

And julie, julie, julie, it's not about you. It's about me, me, me.




Whoops. There I go again.