Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Boring personal stuff.

Linda was in Portland over the weekend, visiting the kids. I thought I'd drink some beer and hang out at home, do some gardening, and just relax. Friday night, said, no, I want tomorrow clear. Left the beer alone. Then proceeded to do nothing but watch friggin' golf all day.

Next day, I make a deal with myself. Read 10 comics and dig up 15 sq. ft. of sod, and the rest of the day you can slack. Watch golf, but do book work.

Late in the afternoon I went out to do my 15 ft. and spent the next 3 hours digging around in the dirt. Went in, took a shower, and stared at the beer in the fridge. No, I want to do more gardening tomorrow. I want to be clear.

Next day, blogged and napped, napped and blogged and did nothing. Still no beer.

Linda called yesterday afternoon, and the sound of her voice just lifted my spirits. House felt empty all weekend. Panga went into her office and just meowed for an hour. It's good to have my wife home.

Came to work this morning feeling good and clear, and wishing I could go outside. Just have to get through the day without doing reorders, and I'll consider it a success.

Going to do another 15 ft. of sod tonight. (Only 250 ft. to go....)

So routine. I love the routine. Boring and safe. Have lost 5 pounds this month, so far. Have managed to save bunch of money at the store. Outside gardening and planning the next couple of decades of landscaping (knock wood) and reading my books and doing a bit of writing.

So boring. If I could, I'd be even more boring. I'd create a room with nothing but a mat in the middle. Go in there and sit. Not meditate, I hate clearing my mind, but letting it drift. No outside stimulation at all. No noise, no colorful graphics, no people.

I haven't turned on my (c.d. ) record player in months. If I just weaned myself of the T.V., I'd have nothing but time.

Mr. Excitement.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now just remain still, and you will eventually extinguish all desire (including for beer).

Please, nobody mention HELOC, or Duncan will get riled again and never reach Nirvana.

Duncan McGeary said...

Ooommmmmmmmmmmm. ommmmmmmm. ommmmmmmm. oommmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Hare krishna, Hare Krisha............\

There is no spoon.....

I'm fixing a hole where the rain comes in, and stops my mind from wandering.

Where it will go......