Friday, February 29, 2008

Looks like I'm going to have take-out from Taste of Thailand once a week for awhile, and a 5.00 tip, and a 'please, hang in there." Why would someone destroy someone's business, like that? It's a mystery.

I've always known that I've got a 'bit' of protection from such behavior by being in a busy downtown core, though it's no guarantee.





Had plumbing problems in the basement, yesterday. (Sorry about the juxtapostion.) The plumber was in awe. "These are cast iron pipes!? This looks like a place a serial killer would hang out."

I gave him an evil grin. "Don't worry, I use lots of lime on the bodies, so you shouldn't smell anything."

Anyway, lost a bit of inventory downstairs. Turns out the main line is blocked, so he has to come back with a bigger snake. I'm hoping that will fix the problem. Was sure I was going to dream about overflowing water last night.

Old wiring, old plumbing, old everything.

Every once in a while I wish I had a fresh clean slate to work on. Something move in ready. Bigger, more spacious.

But....then I watch all the people walking by, I see other places that seem to be isolated and vulnerable, and I think....nah, hang in there. Everything gets old.

1 comment:

Duncan McGeary said...

I had to completely clear out the bathroom to let the plumbers work, so after they left, I took the opportunity to completely clean it, top to bottom, spic and span. Was stunned by the transformation.

See, I think a bathroom should be thoroughly cleaned on a regular basis.

Every 20 years whether it needs it or not....

Not that bad, but....we don't let the public use it, so I clean o.k., but not like this....