Thursday, February 14, 2008

I have to admit, it's a pretty interesting statistic that Oregon is "49th in the nation is serious delinquencies -- mortgages with payments 90 days of more behind -- in the third quarter of 2007."

I'm assuming these are percentages of delinquencies, not raw numbers, because Wyoming is number 50, and Wyoming, if I'm not mistaken, is just about the lowest population state out there.

Still, as always, I have to add.....so far.

Even in the meat of the article, one of the credit councilors mentions we're about a year behind the rest of the country. And, oh by the way, we have the highest rate we've had in 10 years.

Which means, in a sense, that we're 49th in a very bad situation. I'm not sure being 49th in line in a firing squad is anything to be too sanguine about.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

all it means is that we can see what's coming well off in the distance...