Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Story goes where a story goes.

Nobody's Killing Me is supposed to be an Odyssey story, where the main character travels through many different alternative worlds.  I figured he'd spend a chapter in each world and continue his journey.

Instead, the second world the hero lands on got interesting and started growing and growing, and I've now spent about 5 chapters there, and I can't be doing this.

But it be where the story wants to be... (the characters in this world insert "be" wherever they can.  It "be" amazing how often you can "be" doing that.)

So I'll just keep following the story to see where it (be) leading.  It's getting a little science-fictiony, which I really didn't want, because then I have to make the world-building viable.  I prefer to think of it as science-fantasy, where weird things happen but I don't necessarily explain them.

Also, the time/space travel element is confusing, and I'm not sure I understand it.  I'm following some sort of intuitive thing which seems to make sense, but I don't know how it will stand up the scrutiny.

Then again, the most important thing is -- I'm enjoying writing it, and I'm intrigued, and I'll just have to assume the reader will be equally intrigued.

I'm about 1/3rd the way through -- and have written a little each of the last 3 days, so if I can keep that momentum going...

I've dropped all the promotional things I was doing -- without any effect on the sales trajectory that I can see, either up or down.  As I said yesterday, my goal is to finish my stories.

As soon as I'm done with this book, my goal will be to finish Faerylander once and for all.  Then Tuskers II and then Tuskers III.

Then Wolflander, then Ghostlander.  

I'm hoping to publish my Lander series this year, by myself.  Without a publisher.  Kind of scary.

Get them done.

No comments: