Wednesday, January 7, 2015

"Can't we open the presents now?"

Funny how time passes so quickly as you get older -- young un's don't believe this, don't even hear it, yeah, yeah, whatever...

But guess what?  When you are highly anticipating something, it turns out time slows down to its old pace again.

I've known for a month that Tuskers was coming out on January 12, 2015.

I've been like a kid at Christmas for the last week or so.  "Can't we open the presents now? Why do we have to wait?"

5 Days to T-Day.

It's a different experience from my other books, because I just never knew when Roy was going to put my books out, so I just didn't think about it.

I got my paperbacks yesterday and the book is gorgeous.  Really nice looking.  I showed a customer the cover and he shrugged, and then turned around and bought Led to the Slaughter, because he "likes history."

That's what I don't know.  Will anyone actually be interested in a Wild Pig Apocalypse?

I never thought superintelligent pigs on the rampage was much of a stretch.  I mean, for someone who thinks like me.  Sharks kill like a measly 5 people a year (cows kill dozens) but a book convinced everyone "don't go into the water!"

Seems totally believable to me.

I look forward to our Pig Overlords.




No comments: