Monday, January 12, 2015

A watched pot never boils.

TUSKERS went live last night at 9:00 PT.  Yes, I was there watching.

http://www.amazon.com/Tuskers-Duncan-McGeary-ebook/dp/B00S4FGFK2/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1421039260&sr=1-1&keywords=Tuskers+duncan+mcgeary 

Since then, not much has happened.  Yes, it has only been 12 hours, but bear with me, that is sort of the point of this post.

In olden days, when STAR AXE was published, I wouldn't have had any idea how my books were selling for six months or a year or even then.  But for some reason that didn't bother me -- except, well, I wanted to get some royalties if possible, but I had done enough research to believe that my advance was likely to be all I would get.

Besides, back then, my real goal was to be published.  Just that.  First to finish a book, which was a major accomplishment all by itself, then to get it published, to hold a copy in my hands.  The book was out there in the bookstores and on the bookstands and that was good enough for me.

I didn't think beyond that for some reason.

Now I realize that's just the beginning.  After that there is the whole garnering attention thing -- hopefully getting some good reviews.

And then there are the sales.

But I can't really do much about the sales now.  It's possible no one will be interested in a Wild Pig Apocalypse.  Who knows?

So I just need to take a step back and let nature take its course.

It's a good book.  It's getting exposed to a more critical audience than my books have been so far, but I'm ready to take that step.  See what happens.

No comments: