Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Wednesday wats.

"Burning Zircoconium Clouds Skies..."  Bulletin, 11/28/12.

Don't you just hate it when that happens?

**********

"Bend Garage Offers Free Parking."  Bulletin.

Just so you knows -- Bend garage always offers free parking for the first two hours, they are just extending that to three hours for the holidays.

**********

Black Friday and Small Business Saturdays were just O.K.  Double average sales, which means that one of the days just makes up for the closed Thursday.  Not like it used to be.  Not as bad as last year.  (Last year really sucked for some reason...)

**********

Pretty bad when they mention the name of a Antiques Roadshow appraiser who has just died and I immediately know who his is: Wendell Garret.  The courtly guy in the wheelchair.

Especially since I don't altogether approved of A.R.  It seems to me that it hypes the collectableness of everything when in fact very few things are truly collectable.  But it's a very comforting show, somehow.

**********

My Freedy Filkins story is loosely based on the Hobbit, which I haven't read in 30 years and to which I haven't referred once.  The further I get into it, the more it veers. In fact, I'm thinking if I took out the reference to the earthhome and big hairy feet, most people wouldn't even catch the reference.

Yes, it's supposed to be fun -- but I wasn't writing it as Hobbit "fan-fic" so when Andy said that, it kind of troubled me. 

Still, it was the original inspiration.  It's not quite a satire, it's just a new story about a stay-at-home type who goes on an adventure...

1 comment:

Andy Z said...

Aw, I'm enjoying it. I just recognized the inspiration immediately and wasn't sure where you were goin with it.