Thursday, November 15, 2012

Thurs. Thuds.

This was from a couple of days ago:  Bend Community Center, KTVZ. Still trying to figure out how being audited translates into being a "fiscal rebound."  Sounds rather worser than betterer.


I think I've improved my book, but I don't know how to find out.  I can't ask the same people to read it again, and whoever I give it to, won't have read the other version.

Really, when it comes to writing, in the end you're on your own.

Anyway,  Like I said yesterday, I was ready to set it aside, when I think I got the inspiration for the big step up on the 'third' version.

Rewrote the first chapter, which I had read last week at writer's group so they were all familiar, and they all thought it was a real improvement.

So now all I have to do is do that to the rest of the book.

Yeah, that's all.


I also keep going back and forth as to whether I want to try to get an agent, or simply published online.

Immediate gratification is probably not the best of reasons.


The big change is basically putting the snark back into the voice of the main, first person character.  I think it works.  Make him a little crazy, unpredicatable.

I can do that.


Petraeus affair seems so high school.

Who would've thunk that the 'reporter-er' would turn out to be even more of a loon than the 'reporter-ee.'


Actually, what country is MORE conservative than the U.S.A?  Anybody in Europe, Canada, Mexico?


How about Africa.

Maybe some dictatorships, and countries in the middle east?

Not wait.  Don't . Please.  Go.

1 comment:

Duncan McGeary said...

I'm serious. Maybe some of you conservatives can point out a functional modern government that is more laisse faire than the U.S.A. with less health care, less taxes, less government interference in life.

I mean. We're the wild west compared to most countries I'm aware of.