Thursday, November 15, 2012

Thurs. Thuds.

This was from a couple of days ago:  Bend Community Center, KTVZ. Still trying to figure out how being audited translates into being a "fiscal rebound."  Sounds rather worser than betterer.

**********

I think I've improved my book, but I don't know how to find out.  I can't ask the same people to read it again, and whoever I give it to, won't have read the other version.

Really, when it comes to writing, in the end you're on your own.

Anyway,  Like I said yesterday, I was ready to set it aside, when I think I got the inspiration for the big step up on the 'third' version.

Rewrote the first chapter, which I had read last week at writer's group so they were all familiar, and they all thought it was a real improvement.

So now all I have to do is do that to the rest of the book.

Yeah, that's all.
 

**********

I also keep going back and forth as to whether I want to try to get an agent, or simply published online.

Immediate gratification is probably not the best of reasons.


**********

The big change is basically putting the snark back into the voice of the main, first person character.  I think it works.  Make him a little crazy, unpredicatable.

I can do that.

**********

Petraeus affair seems so high school.

Who would've thunk that the 'reporter-er' would turn out to be even more of a loon than the 'reporter-ee.'

***********

Actually, what country is MORE conservative than the U.S.A?  Anybody in Europe, Canada, Mexico?

No?

How about Africa.

Maybe some dictatorships, and countries in the middle east?

Not wait.  Don't . Please.  Go.

1 comment:

Duncan McGeary said...

I'm serious. Maybe some of you conservatives can point out a functional modern government that is more laisse faire than the U.S.A. with less health care, less taxes, less government interference in life.

I mean. We're the wild west compared to most countries I'm aware of.