Sunday, November 11, 2012

Sunday suds.

I've given up Fridays for work.  Not scheduled hours, but all the other things.  Stocking, banking, errands, shopping, etc.  Also, since the day is used up, movies.  (Why isn't Lincoln in town?)

So I have all the creative energy that I usually spend on writing fiction, and thus more time to write on my blog.

Everything is a story, these days.  Of course, not every story is interesting.  Too bad.  It gets written.

**********

We were watching Obama cry yesterday, and I turn to my wife and sure enough, she's tearing up.  She always tears up whenever she sees someone else tearing up. She tears up for Hallmark commercials.  If I feel the slightest twinge, I'll glance over and sure enough....

So immediately after that, she says,   "I've got my rivers too wide."

Now, we've talked before about how thin her "dream-walls" are, and how close to the surface her emotions are, so I'm thinking she's talking metaphorical.

"I need to narrow them," she says.

"No you don't, " I assure her.

She looks at me, puzzled.  "Yes, I do.  On my maps, I've got them too wide."

"What?"

"You know,  in my story...."

Anyway, we had a good laugh about that.

**********

Went to see Skyfall.

A car got the biggest response, followed by the original theme music.

Cool movie.

**********

Can the Ducks close the deal?

Not just making it to the championship, but winning the final game?

Am I cursing them by asking these questions?

**********

So traveling around with a hot woman half your age who idolizes you turns out to be a bad idea?

Tactics, General, Tactics.

Remember von  Clausewitz's "Fascinating Trinity"  :  (#1)" a blind impulse, located in the people and their passions...." (Wiki)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a wise man once told me: "Pussy is undefeated."

I want to believe that isn't true, but more and more it seems to be proven.

Anonymous said...

That's a known tactic...you always need dirt just in case you need to bring someone down at a later date. Shortest path to a scandal is a girl.

Ask Eliot Spitzer or Dominique Strauss-Khan, you don't even make the team until they've found a way to dispose of you.

More to the story than meets the eye.