Thursday, November 1, 2012

Thursday thuds.

I had a jar of candy in the house that I wanted to get rid of by today, so I took it to work yesterday.

We have so few kids come to our house, that we've given up.

So anyway, around 4:00 yesterday, I started getting trick or treaters at the store.  This has never happened before.  Apparently I missed the memo.

I started running out, so I grabbed some FCBD comics and started handing those out.  Every single kid but one preferred getting a comic to getting candy, which is pretty cool.

Anyway, it was really great to see the kids and their elaborate costumes.  I'd forgotten how much fun that is, and the store really does seem to be the place to do it.

I'm mean, and I make them say, "Trick or Treat."

Had a little girl who just froze.  Couldn't say it.  Finally, I said,  "You're just so cute, it's O.K."

Why the demurral, kids?

I hope this becomes a tradition.

**********

Handing my ballots in today, so the Dems can cross me off their list.

I was telling a customer, Kevin, yesterday that I was going to personally take my ballot in -- cause "I don't trust the mails."

"You're the third person to say that to me!" he said.

I really do trust the mail, but...well, just want to be absolutely sure.

There is a really good feeling about voting.  I feel bad for those who are so cynical they don't.

**********

"GM Profit Better than Estimates."  Bulletin, 11/1/12.

Make sure that gets broadcasted in Ohio.

Who would have thought the one thing -- a letter to the N.Y.T.'s by Romney,  "Romney to Detroit: Drop Dead" (not actual title), would be the thing that might cost him the election.

A self-inflicted wound at that.  Heh.

**********

Stupid dream.  (Not counting the one where both a wolf and a bear are trying to eat me.  Both!)

Anyway,  I'm talking to a guy with a huge Australian outback accent.

"Here, Mate, you win this bet, and we'll do it your way.  I win the bet, and I take you Down Under."

I'm thinking I can't lose.  So I lose the bet.

A huge fissure opens under my feet; fire and brimstone.

"Hey, I thought you were going to take me to Australia!

"I said I'd take you "Down Under" he says, with an evil grin.  "Whatever made you think I was Austrialian?  HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!"

**********

I've always thought they should have Senator's Luke, Han, and Leia in the 7, 8 and 9th Star Wars movies; if only for a scene or two.

Make them old and fat and corrupt.

Shouldn't be too much of a stretch.  (ah, that's mean.)


7 comments:

Duncan McGeary said...

Linda pointed out the obvious: the wolves and bears of Wall Street...

Anonymous said...

NOT SURE BUT I BELIEVE THE ARTICLE ASK FOR A NORMAL BANKRUCPTCY WITH GOVT ASSISTANCE SO THAT THEIR COST STRUCTURE CAN BE ADJUSTED. ALSO HOW WOULD YOU DO IF ALL YOUR DEBT WAS ELIMINATED AND YOUR REVENUE GENERATION WAS LEFT INTACT. BY THE WAY THE GOVT STILL OWN A LOT OF GM STOCK AT BILLION IN LOSSES.

Duncan McGeary said...

There was no private monies to be had.

Anonymous said...

I get over a 1000 trick or treater's at my shop. It can be a bit overwhelming.

Brett
Heroes Haven

Anonymous said...

Why are you SHOUTING?

Duncan McGeary said...

No monies to be had by hook or by crook --- mostly crook.

Anonymous said...

GM profits are not real. They're not selling cars to consumers, they're packing the dealers with inventory so they can pretend they're doing well.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2012-11-01/gm-channel-stuffing-soars-record