Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Qwest ain't the best.

Way back when I first connected to the internet at my store, Qwest had an offer of: "Sign up now and get this price forever."

I was told a couple of years ago, by a customer, that almost no one had that service anymore.

Yesterday I got a call from a Qwest guy. After hanging up on him, as usual, he called back and told me he wasn't trying to sell me anything.

"That's what they all say." But since he took the step of calling back, which never happens, I listened.

Turns out they were canceling my service because they "no longer had a contract with the company."

"Yes, but you have a contract with ME. And the agreement was that I would get this service at this price as long as I needed it."

"I can't do anything about that," he said. "Do you want the new service or not?"

"Do you know you work for a scumbag company?"

End of conversation.

So I may not have internet service as of the first of May at the store. I'll get something new, I suppose, but I'm so sick of the companies unilaterally pulling the rug out from under me that I can't even think about it.

Of course, the new service will cost more.

2 comments:

Markus said...

Sure it'll be more expensive - but it is better - and you'll get the price for life, if you sign up now.

Gotcha!

Kevin said...

But Qwest is the only one available in Bend that doesn't try to data cap you. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.