Sunday, July 5, 2015

The Manic Pixie Dream Girl Murders extra step..

The Manic Pixie Dream Girl Murders is finished, and I like it a lot.

I like the title and the subject matter and I think the writing came out smooth and clean and the structure of the novel works.  (Usually, I feel that one of these things is lacking a little.)

I like it so much, that even though I think it is good -- as good as anything I've done -- the way it is, I'm going to take the extra step to try to make it even better, if possible.  My friend Bren has agreed to read it, and she usually holds my feet to the fire when it comes to making a book work well, so I'm going to take the extra month or so it takes to do that.

She isn't always available.

While I'm at it, I'm going to see if I can't find a couple of beta readers. 

And print up a hard copy myself and give it one more going over. 

This book will be as strong as I can make it.  I'm looking for a little extra depth, if possible, and a WOW! factor if at all possible.

Heh.  Not that I'm not always trying for that...
 

No comments: