Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Brain exploded all over my pillow.

Gargoyle Dreams has been going slower than I expected, though probably not slowly by most people's standards.

However, I'm finding the delays seem to be giving my subconscious time to come up with more intricate plots.

Last night, my brain exploded all over my pillow.

I was just trying to think of the next chapter, instead the whole rest of the book came to me.  Much bigger story than I started out with.  What I thought was going to be the climax is just a lead up to the real climax. 

What completely amazes me about this is that I planted the seeds for this bigger ending all the way through the story without really realizing it.  And yet, there they are.  Absolutely what I need to make the plot work.  Don't really have to do much rewriting either, just go back and jigger a few things, maybe put in a few hints and portents, but mostly it's all there.  How does that happen?

Spooky action at a distance, I tell you.

No comments: