Monday, July 6, 2015

Settling in.

I'm 35K words into Gargoyle Dreams.  A slow pace for me, about 1000 words a day.

But that fits the schedule just fine.  I can finish the first draft by the end of this month.

Meanwhile, I'm going to make that extra effort on The Manic Pixie Dream Girl Murders.  I'm having Bren go over it, I'm also asking for some Beta Readers, and I'll be making a hard copy to work on myself. 

I've been doing something a little different over the last week. Changing the process.

I've been writing the original first draft on Gargoyle Dreams in the morning, and the editing on TMPDGM's in the afternoon.  I've never done that before, but it seems more than doable.  In fact, that may be the way to do things going forward.  Instead of one or the other, just separate them by sessions. 

The original stuff has to come first, that I know, but the editing can come after.

Tuskers III should come back to me from Lara around the first week of August, so I think I can completely finish it by around the middle of September, which will help keep that nice 4.5 months between releases.

So sort of settling into a regular schedule, which is nice.  The newness of this whole experience has worn off, but I'm encouraged enough by my progress to keep on going.

No comments: