Sunday, June 28, 2015

Keeping the mystery.

Wrote a new first chapter for Gargoyle Dreams and it works.  Much more action oriented.

The fourth chapter will be new too, more action oriented.

An unexpected bonus.  I can write these chapters hinting at darker doings and place them in the midst of chapters where the main characters are clueless.

I've always had trouble trying to keep information secret in my books, or to let out the information in pieces.  Usually I just come out with it and hope the story is strong enough to withstand it.  Quick moving books where the next thing happens can probably get away with not withholding info, but I've always wanted to try that.

So this is an unexpected opportunity.  I've got a couple of surprises up my sleeve and I think I can keep from the reveal until the last third of the book.

No comments: