Saturday, April 25, 2015

More books than time.

Spent all day yesterday at the store just putting games away.  Thankfully, Matt was pricing them in-between dealing with customers and we finished with 15 minutes to spare.

Amazingly it all fit.  I spent all the day before yesterday preparing, and then opened up some more room yesterday by moving things around.

Nine very large boxes, full of games.  And yet, when we were done, they had all faded into the background, just more inventory.

Came home and added them up on the invoice -- and sure enough, it was almost exactly 8K worth of product, added to the 3K I got earlier in the week from a different distributor.  I don't know why I bother to check -- my instincts are so good after this many years that I can just look at something and figure out volume and cost.

I got back The Last Fedora from Lara, and other than a few minor changes, it's a complete book.  I like it.  You know, really like it, though I'm not sure how much impact it will have.  It's kind of different, and that's a good thing, right?

I've also got some ideas about rewriting Tuskers III that I want to try out.  A new theory, or trick, or technique, whatever you want to call it, and I'm excited to try it out. I'm going to experiment a little, and if it works, I'll tell you all about it.

And...I've just started The Manic Pixie Dream Girl Murders book, and I really want to write that.

Taking the day and working at the store was the last thing I wanted to do, but I was necessary.

I think I'm going to try my little experiment with Tuskers III first, see if I can't finish it off once and for all, and send it off to Lara.

Then finish up the minor changes to The Last Fedora and see if a publisher wants it.

Then dive into The MPDG Murders book and write it fast, hopefully.

I'm feeling very enthused and energized about my writing, and it's all internal again, because I'm not paying a lot of attention to the outside world right now. Everything seems to be hitting some nexus, all at the same time.  Faerylander is coming back to me soon, too. 

So many books, so little time.


No comments: