Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Tuesday Tuds.

Fair's fair.  I guess room lodging and airport arrivals were up in December.  (Remember I had my doubts that sales in Bend were all that great in December.)

Meanwhile, while my sales were up in January, according the industry, comics kicked butt that month.  Mine, they slightly patted them on the bottom.

**********

Imagine my surprise that I actually like Facebook.  Like finding out I like reality shows or sit-coms.  I'm sure I'll get over it.  Keeps me in touch with family and friends.  Which is what it's supposed to do, I suppose.

**********

Read Chapters 6 - 8 of DEATH OF AN IMMORTAL at writer's group last night, and they seemed to pass muster again. 

Used to be I'd try really hard to have a chapter every two weeks.  Now I'm done with all 47 chapters and have read only 8 of them.

**********

Going to work today -- after taking so much time off to write -- feels like a vacation.  I still like my store, it's still my hangout.  It gives me spiritual sustenance. 

Which begs the question.  Why would I retire?

**********

Spilled wine on my laptop.  Was sticky there for a little while.  The big key -- whatever you call it -- still clicks a little when I hit it.  Sounds kind of cool, actually.

Speaking of wine, I drank a little for three nights in a row -- while I read the manuscript.  Last two nights -- sans wine -- I've slept really heavy, with major dreams.    Hard to believe I ever could have drank regularly and still lived a productive life...

**********

My pageviews have jumped dramatically in the last couple of months, up to 10,000 per month.  (This contrasts to the 70,000 regular daily viewers to Gail Simone, for instance, so it isn't a huge deal.)

But the actual daily entries haven't really done much.

I'm assuming it's some outside algorithm, probably due to so much content on the blog.  (Freedy Filkins alone was nearly 60K words.)  Someone piggybacking on the content.

No comments: