Tuesday, February 19, 2013

The culture of Vampire tropes.

I've gotten back a couple of copy-edited Death of An Immortal(s).

Funny how each of them found mistakes the other missed and I missed them all despite looking for them.

I think Lisa and Martha liked the book, though it's always hard to tell.  What are they going to say?  They hated it? 

More importantly, I still like the book 10 days later -- which usually isn't true.  Usually by then I'm having second thoughts and doubts.

I didn't expect the story to continue, but there is an obvious direction for a sequel. 

I didn't realize there was such a built up culture of expected Vampire tropes.  The danger here is that I either do too many cliche things not knowing they are a cliche, or totally offend the fans by going too far outside the canon.  I'd rather do the latter than the former, I suppose.

Funny.  I've gotten the question -- "Is there romance?" several times.  I wasn't thinking of it as a romance, but of course any good story has to have some romance, what? 

Oh, well.  I tend to write what I write.  So what I wrote was Death of An Immortal.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If I hated it, I'd say so. In a nicer way, though. XP