Friday, February 13, 2009

Working in the Muck.

YOU NEVER QUITE GET THERE.

One thing about running a store. You realize that you'll never get to completion. You'll always have too much of one thing, too little of another. You'll always have a hodgepodge of fixtures, old and new material jumbled together.

Yesterday, I finally removed my defunct T.V. and DVD player since I no longer show Anime on them. I have dropped most electronic gadgets over the years, because the more complicated the display, the more likely it will break. Good old wood and plastic and paper last pretty much forever.

IT'S A PROCESS.

Anyway, watching the Stimulus in Congress, was like watching a cobbled together sales program. You make do, try to fit it all together, and hope it passes muster. I seemed to be seeing it very different than the 'experts.' I think Obama did exactly what he said he'd do: he got a package out of Congress, he didn't freak out or make threats, he didn't panic and change course (or if he changed course, he did it quietly behind the scenes.)

A NATION OF NINNIES.

We want it now, and we want it perfect, and we want it to satisfy Me, Me, ME!

SAUSAGE COUNCIL.

I consider myself a progressive, a liberal, but if the previous council was run by progressives, they were 'pie in the sky' type. Big plans, just as the city was going down the tube.

The Chamber of Commerce types may have taken the city council back, but I think they're more likely to get down in the Muck and actually try to scale back. I may not like how they do it, I may not like the good ol' boy composition, I may not like the leaning toward real estate interests, but....

The old council showed no signs they were aware of the impending disaster, nor any willingness to scale back on their pie in the sky plans.

I still shake my head over their hour long cable T.V. program about how they were going to fix Third St. and the downtown corridor. They thought they were living in a world of unlimited money back then.

What I'm saying, I guess, is that the previous council may have been doing the wrong things for all the right reasons. The new council may do some of the right things for all the wrong reasons. To save their own ass, their own investment in Bend.

I would trust in a crew that is trying it's damnest to save the ship because their own necks are on the line, than a crew that seems to dither, to be unaware of the dangers, or even worse, proclaim that they're willing to 'go down with the ship!'

I could be wrong. I could be out of my depth here. It could be they are only out to save their own investments, that they'll jump into the last lifeboat. That the President of the White Star Line will by waving goodbye as the rest of us go down with the ship.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks dunc, you have essentially back my feelings, people MAY not like the fact that Bend Chamber Pot of Commerce ( litterally an old boy/girl golden vessel of feces ), has taken back over, but hell.

Oran Teater was FUCKING furious about how Aberpussy and Co gave the keys to the city to Kuratek ( jeff&ray show ).

Like I asked for @ BB2 and didn't get one fucking feedback, "IF NOT CPC, then who will fix Bend", and of course NOT one fucking answer, cuz these kunts don't want Bend fixed, they got no investment.

Me & you disagree and many essentials dunc, but we obviously agree that good-ol boyz such as ourselves, .e.g. Bend Businessmen, know a hell of a lot more about how to fix a BK'd city than blogger renters, or sissy's like Aberpussy with an Master's in public admin, but not a fucking clue.

For the record it was Ron Garzini many years ago that told the boys&girls the so called 'progressives' of Bend to run the city like a BIZ, a USA biz, .e.g. code for massive fucking debt.

ME&YOU dunc, me and YOU are cash-flow businesssmen, we are survivors, cuz we ONLY spend what we take in, ... So Garzini ran this fucking town into the toilet, and he's now living comfy up in Redmond. He fucked places everywhere he went from WestLinn to Alaska, from Bend to Redmond, to Juniper Ridge. But NOW they're all BEND GONE.

The argument is essentially about WHO runs BEND or who runs the world some say the Jews run the WORLD, well you know what I would rather have Smart Jews running the world than dumb morons who can't tie their shoes without their wifes help (BP).

Again we have NO choice BEND must be fixed, and NOBODY in this town is capable other than the Good Old Boyz who essentially have a vested interest in fixing this town.

Everyone at BB2 from Homer to BPuss have said they don't give a fuck, including hbm, ... But I do give a fuck, and I know you give a fuck dunc, otherwise you would leave, and I would leave, I wanted waste my fucking time blogging if I didn't think that Bend could be fucking fixed. Almost a year ago BEM laid it out.

Bend can be fixed, and today the way I see it is people like butter&bp are standing in the way. If they think they can do better then run for office.

We had to put Oran Teater in their, if we had let Leonard have the orifice all he would have done is PUSH for his propane company to use only propane for the BAT BUS, ... another kluster-fuck. Oran Teater & Mark Capell care about this town, and will fix this town. I have complete faith in them.

Let them get the job done.

Thanks dunc, for having at least one forum in this town where real businessmen can speak.