Thursday, February 26, 2009

Just watching.

Because of circumstances beyond my control, I haven't made very many reorders the last three weeks. (Mostly because my main supplier has been moving their warehouse, and because my other main suppliers got huge orders from me at the beginning of the month.)

I've been sort of waiting for demand to build up -- and it hasn't. Except for the usual spot shortages. (I could've sold Walking Dead #9, a really fun graphic novel, a half dozen times if I had it in stock.)

So I've kind of watched what appears to me to be a declining economic condition with a bit of bemusement, and counting my blessings that I escaped over ordering almost by happenstance.

When or if I make big reorders waits upon events, I think.

But if everyone is thinking this way, we are negatively reinforcing, each of us by protecting ourselves.

Even Walmart is announcing they are going to have tighter controls on SKU's. (As I've predicted since the beginning, the consumer is going to have less and less choice in product -- no doubt driving them to the internet. Again, a negative reinforcement.)

But what you gonna do?

Have to watch the bottom line.

No comments: