Tuesday, July 31, 2007

I'm on my own at the store this week. I have gotten used to having Patrick around during most of the busy days. Tomorrow is comic day, which I'm just going to do in a steady, calm way. No panic if it doesn't get done immediately, and save the unessential stuff until Thursday. Just explain to everyone that I'm trying to do two jobs.

Meanwhile, when I go home every night, the parking garage feels empty. I could swear there were more spaces taken in the fall, winter, and spring. Makes me wonder how the restaurants are doing on non-weekends....

We came in at low estimate this month. Not so much because of tourists, though they didn't seem anywhere as willing to spend this year as in previous summers, but because my regulars didn't show up much. Comic sales were actually down from April, which rarely if ever happens.

Still, even my low estimate is pretty good compared to years past, so I'll take it.

No comments: