Sunday, August 2, 2015

Tis tales.

Got up at 5:30 to go to the store to open it for the electrician.  We're having all the lights replaced by LED's. 

Much as it was nice to see the sun, getting only 4 hours of sleep wasn't fun at all.  (Of course, because I needed the sleep I couldn't fall asleep...) 

The LED's are much brighter.  I guess we'll have to dust more often.

Had our best day of the summer at the store, I think.  Thanks for not closing the streets Downtowners!

Still sitting on my massive book order.  Thing is -- if sales are so good, while spend all that money?  Why not wait for when I really need it? (Fall and Winter). 

Meanwhile, got Tuskers III back from Lara and went through her corrections.  I'm going to spend several weeks doing some rewriting.  I like the overall ideas in the book, but I think it needs some buffing up, more than usual.  Thinking about it last night, I came up with a little addition that will help.  So I'm hoping to come up with a couple dozen more helpful additions before I'm done.

I've not written for a week now, and it feels a little weird, but I think it's good for me to take a break once in a while.  Getting together with my sister Susie and her family (she's home for a high school reunion).  Going kayaking on Tuesday.

Linda seems to have gotten serious about finishing the third book of her trilogy, and it tickles me to see her doing it. 

Wasted day yesterday.  Too hot and tired to do much of anything.  Blech.

Today I've got to go out and adjust the sprinklers -- our new neighbor came over and told us his trailer was getting too much spray.  Only way to do it is to stand in the water and take what it's giving.  So, warm day is pretty much needed.  Neighbor also pretty much shamed me about the side of the house -- the part that is out of sight and inundated with weeds.  He kept saying he didn't want to be "that guy."  Heh.

Trying to cut back on calories for awhile.  My highwater mark is 200 pounds, and I need to be about 15 to 20 pounds lighter to fit into most of my wardrobe.  I don't feel unhealthy at that weight, but buying a whole new wardrobe seems kind of wasteful.

Looks like I missed a day of blogging the other day.  I've decided it doesn't count, because it wasn't intentional.  As far as I'm concerned, my eight year blogging streak is intact.  If you don't agree, you're a jerk!!!!  (Just agree, dammit.  You never saw it...)


No comments: