Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Writing faster than the world can absorb.

I need to get back to writing in the mornings as much as possible, so I can do other things in the afternoon if I have to.  If I do even the simplest chore, such as doing a bank deposit, I seem to lose my ability to write.

*****

Went to writer's group and read chapters 4-6 of The Last Fedora.  Realized as I read it that I had no action -- I mean, the story progressed, but no physical action, no tearing off of arms or legs like a proper horror novel.

Slept on it and realized I could insert a flashback scene in one of the chapters that would work.  Not only work, but build up the myth of the Golem. 

*****

I wrote my chapter yesterday early, and then spent most of the day making game and book orders.  Essentially, I ordered everything I'd sold since Christmas, plus.  The store seems to be doing well enough to risk that -- though it's a huge amount and there may be some cashflow issues.

Getting about 18K retail worth of merchandise within a few days.  Going to try not to let it stress me out getting it out for display.  It will all be on my head because I'm working Thursday and Friday this week.

I should have done it last week so that it would be here for Spring Break, but I think we still have some out-of-towners still to show up.

*****

It's a strange thing to be so far ahead of the game.  I'm writing much faster than I can publish, which kind of nags at me a little.  You know, it ain't necessary so why do it?  But I can't take that attitude. My writing shouldn't have anything to do with how fast it can be published, only whether it feels right.  I still love creating things, so I'm trying not to let myself slack off.

No comments: