Thursday, March 5, 2015

When working the regular job is a vacation...

Spent the day filing books at Linda's store.  I enjoy doing that, fortunately.  It's hard to keep up with the numbers of books we take in.  We certainly don't have room for everything, even when we take out duplicates. 

It doesn't bother me to have stacks of unfiled books behind the counter, but it bothers Linda, and there is a danger that it could get out of control.

In between books.  Which is rare  I'm almost always writing one book or another.  I've got two books that are more than 30K words.  The one I obviously need to finish is Tuskers III.  I broke off in the middle because I realized the book was going to be tens of thousands of words bigger than the first two books, and I thought probably wasn't a good idea.  I was able to split off a section and put it in the second book, but that meant a bunch of rewriting.

Anyway, now the book is ready for the second half.  It will probably still be bigger than the first two books, but not outrageously so.

I want to take a little time to contemplate the ending, try to figure out ways to really punch it up.

Working at Pegasus today, which as I've mentioned before, is almost a vacation these days.

No comments: