Tuesday, March 3, 2015

A book came over me

I'm going to finish The Last Fedora: The Golem Gangster Chronicles today.

I hope.

I've got the last two and half chapters all outlined in my head, I'm excited to go, and I think they work.

So I'm going to press through and finish.

I like this book.  I'm leaving it very open to a sequel, in fact, I'm more or less implying it.

But I'm determined for now to alternate new books, each one a different idea, with finishing up what I've already written.

I need to finish Tuskers III, and I'd like to write the third Virginia Reed adventure, (The Dark You Fear: Ghosts of the Lost Blue Bucket Mine), so my plate is probably pretty full for the year.  But if I can, I'd like to try to write my love story, Gargoyle Dreams: A Gothic Love Story.  And finish up Nobody's Killing Me: The Linger Longfellow Odyssey. (Both of the latter books are more experimental -- which I think I can allow myself now that I've proven to myself that I can finish books.)

I want to leave myself open to sudden inspirations, though.  Both Tuskers and The Last Fedora came out of nowhere and I loved how they came out.  As I told my editor, Lara:  "I had a book come over me."




Linda's bookstore is overflowing with books because I was sick one week, and determined to write the next week, and I haven't been filing.

Plus I have a dental appointment tomorrow.  So if I finish today, I can work most of tomorrow at Linda's store.  It isn't a chore for me.  I like digging into stacks and stacks of books, seeing what I can find...





No comments: