Thursday, May 30, 2013

Are you in a create job or an entropy job?

Had to be at the store by 8:00 because I'm getting some ceiling light fixtures replaced.  This store space is so old that the lights are basically illegal now.  The whole set-up will eventually have to be swapped out, but for now we're replacing the dysfunctional ones.  Sometime soon, I'm going to try to get a carpet "restore" guy in and see what he can do about the carpet. 

Just fighting the entropy.

I had a thought this morning -- do you have a create job or and entropy job?  Not that there is anything wrong with the latter.   In fact, the latter is probably more important in some ways.  Fixing something can be more honorable than using up resources to make something new.

Which is part of our problem, I think.  When it's cheaper to buy something new than repair it.  Or worse, you can't repair it even if you want to.

Anyway, what I really wanted to talk about was how active the roads are 7:30 in the morning.

What the hell, people!  It's indecent!  More pedestrians and bikers than usual, too.  Wouldn't you know it that the "get-up-and-goers" are also "early-bird-catches-the-wormers."

Indecent, I tell you.  Should still be in bed, or sitting around drinking coffee and reading the paper.  Such industriousness is alarming.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I often marvel at your schedule sometimes. It's just so opposite of what I'm used to. I'd be run off the job if I ran on duncan standard time.

BD

Duncan McGeary said...

I worked like a dog today.

My feet hurt.