Tuesday, September 8, 2009

In Change.

In change
there is fear and hope
in change there is discomfort.

Nothing grows without change,
thought, belief, or mercy.

In change,
life is in charge,
in change I am small.

All of good grows cold,
all of the bad gets older.

In change
I am caught in the middle,
in change I am waiting.

What comes is unexpected,
or worse, suspected.

I tried to keep change,
from happening,
for once too much change threw me,
and trampled me, and left me in limbo.

But change, has come,
nevertheless,
in love, and work, and play.

The change I've accepted, and
the change I have fought.

In change, I've tried a measured dose,
a time or space just right,
in change there has been overflowing,
and sometimes the running dry.

I've been a rock, a stick,
but change has flowed around me,
and I've reached out,
in rare times.

In change, I've found fulfillment,
where I expected little,
Change I've tried myself,
before change was laid on me.

In change,
I've seen there is no escaping.
Just acceptance,
of all I am and all I'm not.

And yet, in change,
I am thankful,
for all the surprise
and curiosity of what's next.

In change,
I am different despite myself,
in change I have lived my life.

1 comment:

H. Bruce Miller said...

Ever read the Tao Te Ching? I recommend the Stephen Mitchell translation, if you can still find it.