Monday, August 1, 2011

I've been doing this budgeting thing all wrong.

Damn. I've been going about this budgeting thing all wrong. What I really need to do is create a "super-Pegasus" that will make hard decisions down the road. And if they don't make hard decisions, the decisions get made automatically!

Brilliant!

Of course, if I was bigger I could have a Chief Financial Officer who could tell me how much to spend. That is, if I wasn't a bully of a C.E.O. who would badger my C.F.O. and the board to do as I wanted.

"Never mind what I said in the annual report! I need to spend this money!!"

Of course, if I was bigger, I might be tempted like Borders to treat my merchandise as if it was bread and butter, and institute a "category management" program so that I only carried best-sellers. (Never mind that I only KNOW it's a best-seller because A.) someone else has already sold the shit out of it, or B.) I actually carried a wide enough variety of product to ascertain which product sells best.

I look forward to the day when our Digital Overlords simply tell us what we want, and insert it directly into our brains.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0811/60380.html

Above is the link the 'secret' text of the 2011 budget plan just passed.

Now here's the plan. We form a secret super-committee composed of bruce, bruce, and bruce. Who will control dunc's biz and heretofore advise on his budget, of course debt will be incurred to cover the cost of salary of the 3 bruce. Lastly fee's will be assessed from street closure to cover the cost of administration and travel for the super committee.

Anonymous said...

Well it passed, and exactly what we all predicted, just like the OREO health-plan,...

That at the 11th hour, a bill is passed that NOBODY could or did read the text.

Now we can all read the text, of course nothing will change.

AmeriKKKan people owe over a $100 trillion on DEBT accrued to the future. The average US citizen is debt over a $1M, yet has a negative net worth, thus we're going greece. But its all fun to watch and thank gawd this fraud is over.

Now we can all go back to watching. One interesting note is that GOLD is holding good, so the DOOM&GLOOM folk all know nothing has changed.

Personally who gives a fuck about the US stock market, I find it really interesting how much attention is paid to the stock market.

Now most likely we'll have QE3, and OREO will continue his love for the stock-market and bankers, e.g. the people who put him in power.

Anonymous said...

The overlords are BendBroke(tm).

The USA will lose its AAA rating, which is non-sense because all ratings agency other than USA long ago down-rated the USD.

More important is watching USD reserve status. Watching Chinese TV last night I saw nothing good about USA, they're portraying the US has a dysfunctional collapsing government. Certainly selling off T-Bills will be accelerated. The problem of course is IF the Bric's quickly move away from USD, then the USA will move very quickly to WWIII.

Europe & USA are collapsing. Japan is also going down being tied to USA. That leaves all other country's. Surprisingly the brightest places in the world now economically are mexico, turkey, brazil, ...


Strong country's will merge to protect their future, the weak will look for weaker country's to rob, ... aka looting iraq, & libya.

Future always repeats PAST, given that ALL prior DEBT bills have done nothing, as all are 'back-loaded', and so was this one, in 3-6 months all will be forgotten. Now we continue in a election cycle, so all will be focus. Traditionally during an election year the OREO will even GIVE more PORK, thus happy days will be back for a few months.

Rome burns slowly down, ...

Still waiting for the magic VAT tax to come, so that the rich can force the poor to pay for their medicare.


I think the US war machine will follow chinese model and be self-financing, I don't know if you folks know this but the PLA is self-financing, what they MAKE or STEAL is there's. That would be the perfect model for the US imperial privatized praetorian army.