Friday, August 19, 2011

This is what happens when you don't deal with the problem.

Conan's in town and it's getting terrible reviews and I don't care.

Gonna see it.

**********

Common Table -- errr, did you really think it was going to work?

**********

O.K. I'm worried that they'll move the Bend Farmers Market onto the downtown streets.

There -- I said it.

**********

We have 6 Thai restaurants in Bend? That seems high.

**********

The picture of my 1971 Bend High class. Wow. Maybe in comparison I'm don't look all the much older than my average classmate.

Anyway, I was at a bookstore on the coast and there was an old guy making "old guy" jokes, and I decided then and there that I wouldn't ever, ever make "old guy" jokes. Instead of self-depreciating, they sound pathetic and demeaning.

In fact, I think I won't talk about "old" at all.

**********

Thing about four day vacations: you not only fall behind by four days, you immediately plunge into work, and then finally get around to all those things that you would've normally done on your days off more than a week later. Plus you're tired for a couple of days and kind of useless.

Not that I'm going to quit taking small vacations.

***********

The economy.

This is what happens when you don't deal with the problems.

Dweebs.

**********

Didgeridoo attack!

If they outlaw didgeridoos then only outlaws would have didgeridoos.

**********

"Preparing for a Comeback." Re/Max "expand offices, add brokers."

Oh, real estate agents. You are always so optimistic.

Personally, I think we've been bumping along a bottom. But I'm expecting things to get worse before they get better.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

deprecating. not depreciating. unless you mean you're losing value, which actually might be true. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm still bullish on dunc, he can only go up.

I'll always be 'long' on dunc, he has now where to go but up.

Anonymous said...

I think folks know what need's to be done, but our electoral system only elects those that promise 'cargo' ( think cargo cults ).

We're now 80+ years into the cargo-cult political system, post 1930's. That's 4 generations, and for some familys all living relatives have always gotten a welfare check.

Like all good things the 'bill' was always passed to the future generations. Well now the 'youth' have no future, so its blow-back time.

All the old folks like dunc and hbm will bitch and moan and whine about the loss of entitlements, but lets be honest, and this goes back to this thread. Everyone here should have already planned for the lack of social-security & medicare. It's not going to be there in 10+ years and most likely less.

Most of the world including china long ago pulled the plug, in china it was called the 'iron rice bowl', busted in the 1980's, and guess what today, their economy is #1 in the world, and the USA cannot compete.

The US will simply go 'cannibal', or it will 'compete'. Current trends continue to indicate that cannibal is the preferred path by the electorate. The rich will continue to liquidate their assets and move cash/gold to SWISS/HK, soon there will be nothing for anyone to steal.

If you want to see a image of the 'enemy', one only need look in the mirror.