Saturday, July 9, 2011

Weeds are sneaky little bastards.

I'm not sure if weeds take turns being bothersome, or whether they are just being seasonal.

No sooner than I clear out one kind of weed but another takes their place.

I think it's more likely they're seasonal -- but I'm sure they appreciate me clearing out the competition.

I'm also convinced that the easier they are to pull, the more likely they are to have spread seeds hell and gone. The harder they are to pull, the farther down the roots go, and the more likely they'll pop right back up if you leave even a little of the root.

It's either one or the other.

Evolution created some sneaky little bastards when they created weeds.

1 comment:

H. Bruce Miller said...

I'm less annoyed by the weeds than by the grass, which obstinately refuses to grow in the lawn but invades the flower beds like Hitler's Panzer divisions overrunning Poland.