Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Some new shows to watch.

We went to see Captain America yesterday, and it was lots of fun. Love the retro-future stuff. I noticed that they are turning The Three Musketeers into a steampunk thing; which is a cool idea.

I can't believe I missed Green Lantern. Just seemed to have something come up every time we were ready to go.

Meanwhile, on T.V. I'm enjoying True Blood, which just seems to be getting campy-er every season.

We have tried Torchwood, which I'm not convinced I like yet, and which is definitely a risque program -- same channel as Spartacus, I remind myself.

Stumbled across Alphas on the Syfy channel (which usually has some pretty weak shows) and to my surprise, it's very well done. I like the characters, the plots, the writing and dialogue. The 'super' powers are intriguing -- just significant enough to matter but not so overwhelming as to become the sole focus.

I swear, there is one actress on the show who looks exactly like a dark-haired Sarah Michelle Gellar. We kept going back and forth on it -- she is an ensemble player, she looks too young -- and then we'd get a closeup and damn...

Credits proved it wasn't her...Of course the fact I like this show means it's doomed.

I have totally lost patience with Falling Skies. They just keep doing stupid things -- what I call "A moron show." Linda likes it, so I'm watching with her and trying not to scoff too much when they do something boneheaded.

No comments: