Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Badlands...

Just realized I haven't posted a blog today.

I've been busy writing the 5th Chapter of I'm Only Human. It's coming together nicely.

I went out with my laptop to write at one of the trailheads out in the Badlands.

I hadn't realized that the Badlands were all civilized and everything. Trailheads, maps, even picnic tables.

I think I'm going to try to walk most of those paths. sometime in the next few years. More in the winter months, I think, than the hot summer months. Though the last couple of days would have been perfect.

Not a soul in sight at any of the trailheads.

Anyway, I find that I can really immerse myself in stories when I'm out in nature. Don't know why that is.

(Hold on...Cameron's whooping and hollering cause he got a letter published in his favorite comic, Power Girl. Fanboy...._)

I think I've come up with an "elevator pitch" for my book. But I'm refining it still..

4 comments:

Duncan McGeary said...

"All civilized"

since the last time I explored out there, which I thought was only a year or so ago.

Anonymous said...

You'll know the badlands has been civilized when your required to pay $5/day to park, or $100 annually.

Like snow park, or forest-pass,... its all pay-to-play.

Only when you see a big fucking box made of IRON with a sign that say's $500 fine if you don't pay $5 today in cash. Of course the only other rig you'll ever see come around is the 'privatized' cop car looking for citations to write.

Enjoy your FUCKING civilization in Bend.

Anonymous said...

The same way they have 'civilized' Smith-Rocks, back in the day nobody went, now its full of tourists and the machines that take the CASH never work, but that's ok, cuz you get a ticket anyhow.

Anonymous said...

On this subject of Nazi's collecting parking tax, .. how's the city of Bend this year?? Still got the kids walking around writing tickets, but not writing for friends that give sex or drugs?
I'm remember last year the parking ticket police had become quite a joke.
For you its probably neutral as street-closure is so frequent.