Monday, November 18, 2013

At loose ends.

Now that I've actually finished Faerylander after wrestling with it for months (years, actually), I'm a bit at loose ends.  (I want to give the book one last reading next week, and then set it aside for my editor.)

Now what?

Do I start something new?  Or try some more rewriting?

I want to give my old book Deviltree a rewrite: Linda was kind enough to do a critique, so I can start with that. 

Sometimes a Dragon still needs work, and Spell Realm definitely needs work, but before I do either,  I want to write the middle part of the trilogy, which I'm going to call Pyramidion.

Blood of Gold is done.  Wolflander is done.  Led to the Slaughter is done.  Faerylander is done.

I want to write a third Cobb and Company book, called Ghostlander.

I may do that.

They're all lined up for editing and formatting and cover development and then publishing.  But the writing part is mostly finished.

I can give myself a week or two off -- but more than that, and I want to get back to writing. 

Right now, I'm thinking I'll take a stab at rewriting Deviltree, but if I get bogged down, think about writing the middle fantasy bookOr I may just go ahead and write Ghostlander.  Wolflander was so much fun to write, that I'm thinking another book in that series would be pleasant.

All I know is, I'm going to write something.

No comments: