Friday, October 9, 2009

Hey, OSLO!!

I'll be sending in my application for a Nobel Prize in literature next year.

I look forward to your response.

Sure, I haven't written much yet, but I have every intention of doing so. I've created an atmosphere of writerliness....you know, I've changed the whole tone of things. I'm not longer saying I won't be writing novels, but saying, 'Hey, maybe I will.' Not only that, but 'Hey, maybe it'll be good! I want it to be good.

That should be enough, right?

What do you say, Norwegians? Can I have a Nobel Prize, too?

Yours,

Duncan McGeary.

(Esteemed author of the 'classic' fantasies, Star Axe, Snowcastles and Icetowers.)

**********

I actually had a sinking feeling when I read the headline this morning. I'm an Obama fan, but....well...

This isn't going to do him any favors in the U.S. Maybe it will help him in the rest of the world -- he's a rock star, obviously. It just shows that Europeans are weird. They're like....foreign.

But this may backlash on Obama big time.

And it ain't even his fault.

No comments: