Wednesday, April 8, 2009

We're still monkeys...

*If a toy has a "Try Me!" button, no one, but no one ever pushes just once. They push again, and again, and again....until I scream, "STOP! For the LOVE OF GOD stop!" And then I tape the button closed.

*If something is free, everyone asks for more than one. Always. It's Darwinian. Never walk away with one mango, if you can have two mangos.

*If there are multiple signs saying, "Look but don't touch," that is the item people will pick up. (Which is the reason for the signs, but still....)

*If anything needs to be filed, the store can be nearly empty, but there will always be a person standing where you need to be.

*Everyone puts the bags on backward. (Flap in front.)

*European books with the lettering on spine facing the opposite as American books, will always be put back correctly. (I file them backward on purpose!!!)

*If you are looking for a book, knowing the author or title is usually helpful. Giving me the shape and color....not so much.

2 comments:

Rod (Padrographs) said...

I can relate to what you say. I worked for Waldenbooks and B. Dalton and now run a used bookstore.

tim said...

All my favorite books are large and red.