Sunday, April 19, 2009

Not meant as a sneer, but as a "What the Hell?"

HBM thinks I was sneering at the Procession of the Species Parade.

Which means I wrote poorly, because that was not my intent.

I ended the entry with a "Heh," which is not meant as a Hah, Hah, but as a "Heh -- how curious."

He's right, though, that I was in my store so my view was limited. Maybe more was going on than I could see.

He's also right in that I don't like the streets closed, except maybe for the 4th of July and Christmas Parades (Hey, I'm not a complete Grinch!), but the impact of the parade yesterday seemed minimal. In fact, only one customer actually mentioned they had come down for the parade. Most were bemused.

And, I'd much, much rather see a big turnout for Earth Day, than Tea Baggers, by the way. Yelled at a long term customer/friend, yesterday, for blaming the economy on Obama. (He's only been in office for three months!) In my defense, I tried to change the subject a couple of times....

It just seemed to me that the parade got a poor turnout. Maybe I'm wrong. The Bulletin didn't mention anything, either.

Funny thing about crowds, even small ones, when you're in the middle of them, they can seem pretty, well, crowded. Outside? Maybe not so much.

2 comments:

Duncan McGeary said...

It also shows, once again, there is a fine line between stirring the stick and being boringly politically correct.

Buster thinks I'm boring either way.

But, you know, it's the more provocative statements that get people interested.

H. Bruce Miller said...

"Buster thinks I'm boring either way."

Yes, but Buster is psychotic. To the insane, all sane people are boring.