Wednesday, December 12, 2007

I wasn't even going to compare this year's sales with last, because it doesn't matter. I've got one more week of reorders to make, and I'm done. I can't really affect things.

But this mornings article in the Bulletin about Christmas sales was too much to ignore.

I can tell you this. No one really knows.

Because Christmas comes down to the last 10 days.

This is what I found.

I'm only 200.00 behind last year. Which is the equal to one big sale. In fact, I had a customer call me who was late and offer to pay over the phone, and I told him it wasn't necessary.

It is a statistically meaningless amount.

I'll tell you why: Last year was also 200.00 below the previous year, and yet ended up being 15% higher.

It all comes down to the last 10 nerve wracking days.

Argghhhh.....

Merry Christmas? I'll start feeling that on Christmas Eve. Then it will all wash over me. But until then, I'm on pins and needles.

1 comment:

Jason said...

I'm coming back for 'Round Two' on the 20th. Just have to wait until payday, and then I can finish my shopping. There are at least two people on my list who are getting Pegasus Books gift certificates this year. Who can complain about that?