Sunday, February 26, 2012

Sunday suds.

One thing I wish I had done with this blog is keep a list of how often over the last five years the local real estate community has said,

"We've hit bottom!" or

Never a better time to buy!"

It would make for entertaining reading.

**********

How can you not like a day like this? White snow, blue skies, just the right amount of crisp in the air. San Diego will never have a day like this.

Come on, Bruce. Give it up.

***********

Ah, Hah!

I KNEW brewing your own beer was dangerous!

**********

I guess I'm going the skip the Academy Awards this year. I just don't seem to be interested.

Besides, my DVR is nearly full from all the shows I'm saving up for the Return of Linda. And I'll be damned if I'll watch the show live.

**********

Just read five days worth of Twitter.

I still don't get the appeal.

**********

I've gotten pretty good at weaning myself off fast foods as I've gotten older. I don't go to McDonald's very often.

I'm batching it this week, and got tired of my own fixings, so went and got a fries and 20 piece mcnugget. Thing about the mcnuggets, is I can reheat them. In fact, for some reason they taste better reheated.

**********

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, no--"crisp" is never a word that can be applied to San Diego air. "Dense," "soggy," "humid," "warm," "hot," "freakin' hot," and "wife-beating weather" -- these are applicable. But "crisp"? Never.

Anonymous said...

Spectacular day. Fresh powder, sunshine. Not a day to spend inside.

August 2007, Bend Bulletin..

In the meantime, though, things have gotten to the point in the local [realestate] markets, especially for home builders on recently purchased land, where prices can't sink much further without inviting losses, Redmond-based Century 21 Gold Country agent Pam Lester said.

"I don't expect prices to go anywhere but up from here," Lester said, "because they can't go any lower."

And since then just about every month the Bend media runs a story about how the bottom has been found, yet the medians continue to fall.

Anonymous said...

The high-end is supposed to take a huge drop in the coming months.

There are now 3 million homes in the USA going into their 3rd year of non-payment as the banks have kept them off the market.

Expect this summer, or sometime after the election for there to be a complete collapse in real estate.

Especially the high-end, there are many Benders who have continued to pay their HUGE MTG's these are 'rich' folks waiting to sell and bail from Bend, ... this year they'll find that this rebound is 5-10 years plus and even then it ain't coming back in their lifetime.

Anonymous said...

Wow dunc your deleting more comments than the old days, ... what gives??

Fear?

Boredom?

I thought your were an open advocate of free speech?

Anonymous said...

Possibly of interest:

"Michael Olenick: Debunking the “Housing Has Bottomed” Meme" at:

http://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2012/02/michael-olenick-debunking-the-housing-has-bottomed-meme.html

Mr. Teacher said...

I worked at a McDonald's when I was in High School ('92 - '94) and I have eaten there exactly 3 times since then. I have eaten the food at Burger King about a dozen times.

I am not a small guy, but I built this body, not any fast food restaurant.

RDC said...

Maybe he is aware that if one does any moderation, no matter how lightly they can be held responsible for comments that are allowed to be visible. Since Duncan must view and authorize all comments to be displayed he certainly falls into the moderated category. As such he could be sued if someone makes a comment that is actionable.

Andy Z said...

It's not surprising that a novelist who writes 1,000 words on a blog daily wouldn't get the appeal of twitter.

You're not supposed to save it all up!