Thursday, February 9, 2012

Hottest Retailer.

Don't look now, but the readers of The Source have voted me the hottest retailer.

Hottest Retailer? WTF?

So here's the explanations I've come up with so far.

1.) They mistook the word "Hot" when they actually meant "Sot" or "Sod."

2.) A case of mistaken identity. They said the "guy" at Pegasus and meant Cameron, Jasper or Matt.

3.) The Cos-play crowd has taken Japanese culture to heart and are respecting their elders.

4.) None of the readers of the Source have actually met me.

5.) Somebody is having me on. They got together for drinks and all said, "Who's the most unlikely guy we could vote for?"

6.) I got 4 votes and everyone else got 3 votes.

7.) I really am too sexy for my comics, too sexy for my comics, I'm too sexy for my comics.

8.) I have a crazy stalker who voted for me 50 times.

9.) Sarcasm is so unseemly, people.

10.) The Source REALLY wants my advertising.

12.) "Hot" as in, I get in the paper more than anyone else. I'm the only retailer anyone remembers.

13.) And MOST LIKELY: I'm having my "Carrie" moment. As one of my customers said, "Don't look up!"

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

5,7 or 8 gotta be one of those. I'm leaning toward 5.

Duncan McGeary said...

Number 5. Gotta be.

Matthew Funk said...

I like option 2, myself...

Broofa said...

Just because I voted for you 50 times, that doesn't mean I'm stalking you.

Anonymous said...

Beards are sexy....

Leitmotiv said...

I'm leaning towards no. 11

Duncan McGeary said...

You know, I'm not going to fix that.

Duncan McGeary said...

Possible #11.

Bend is more nerdy than anyone thought.

My wife was really busy last month.

H. Bruce Miller said...

"Bend is more nerdy than anyone thought."

Yeah, I'll go with that.

Broofa said...

The perp? :)

http://www.monkeyinabox.net/archives/002486.html