Monday, February 6, 2012

Monday Mops.

DVR'd the game and whipped right through it.

Ironically, I cut the huddles and commentary, but this time I didn't cut the commercials.

Only one commercial made me laugh, and that was the cheetah one. The vampire one was clever, but I'd seen that the night before.

Game itself wasn't very impressive to me. Seemed decided by fouls, and punts and kickoffs (almost perfect by the Giants), more than anything.

**********

Downton Abbey just seems really simple minded this year, and way more soap opera-ish. It just doesn't have the depth, for some reason.

The modern Sherlock that followed (watched a few minutes of it because I'd seen it before) reminded me how good it was. I'd wish they'd get some new episodes going. Though Bilbo may be busy.

**********

Keeping up the pace on the rewrites. 27 chapters down, 3 to go. I still have to write the last chapter.

I'm now contemplating hanging on for one more go through. It needs -- something -- to get it over the threshold, but I'm not sure what...

I want to sleep on it.

It was this luxury -- or this show of patience -- that I didn't have back in my previous writing life.

**********

The John Carter movie just looks bad. I hope I'm wrong. What's wrong with "Princess of Mars?" anyway? You know, the real title. I've got a bad feeling about this...

**********

I kind of wish the media would drop the whole political bloopers thing.

Even the Perry, "oops" moment. I mean, we've all drawn a blank before.

It really doesn't get to the core issues, does it? A milli-second of a secondary performer sticking out her middle finger that hardly anyone noticed? Freudian slips? Are these things really worth pages of analysis?

Give it a rest.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I kind of wish the media would drop the whole political bloopers thing."

As long as politics is a sport and a reality TV show; as long as there's a 24/7 news cycle to fill; as long as people would rather focus on inanities than on substance, this is what we'll get. Give them circuses...

Jim

Anonymous said...

Also, "news" media has figured out that endless analysis is way cheaper than actual reporting (especially foreign reporting) so that's what we get.

We have more and more information, but less and less understanding.

Jim