Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Writing first.

Wrote the first two chapters of Tuskers III yesterday.

So I'm ready to go.  Sorry.  Just boring writing updates for awhile.

Wrote the first chapter at home, then went out to the badlands for my daily walk.  Wrote part of the second chapter on the way there, pulling over to the side of the highway four times to write, and then about halfway through the walk, pulled out my MacAir and wrote the rest.

Very fulfilling.

Thing is, I usually sublimate everything to writing.  I am once again realizing how dominating writing becomes in my life when I'm active.  The way I have to subordinate everything else, no exceptions.

I've been delaying dealing with my taxes, though I have an appointment with the accountant on Monday. 

I'm taking the entire week off from work, in hopes that I can get a good start on the story. 

I think it can be done if I do my writing first, and everything else second. 

So that's the plan.

This is a little different, though.  I'm trying to fit other things in, like the walking, like the filing books at the Bookmark, like taxes, like work. 

Most of my writing up to now has been writing first, and second and third, and there was nothing else.

I'm feeling slightly disconnected, and I don't think that's a good thing for writing.  Maybe when I get the taxes done, I can fully commit.

I'm not sure. 

If this doesn't work, if I feel the writing isn't as good because I'm not giving it 100% of my time, then I'll clear the decks and do that. 

Because writing comes first.

Fuck it.  I'm doing taxes this afternoon, and clear that away, and then I'm going to do nothing but writing for the next 8 days, nevermind the book filing and the walks.  If I can fit them in, fine.  Otherwise, it's writing, writing writing.

No comments: