Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Werewolves...a true story.

One of the more unexpected questions I get about my book, Led to the Slaughter: The Donner Party Werewolves, is:  "Is it a true story?"

The first couple of times it happened, I laughed and said, "It's all fiction...except for the werewolves."

But...I've been thinking that's kind of strange.  Because they are serious when they ask it.  Totally serious.

I mean, does their world view -- their factual view of the world -- include werewolves?

Today, I think I may have finally figured it out. 

I think, they think, that I think, werewolves are true.  You know, like believing that aliens built the Pyramids, or something. 

It's still funny, but maybe not quite as strange as I thought.  I suppose there might be people out there who truly believe in vampires and werewolves. 

Funny thing is, I'm pretty sure none of the writers who write horror believe in them. 

No comments: