Friday, August 15, 2014

Starting up Tuskers II again.

I'm halfway through Tuskers II.

It may take me a few days to pick up the threads of where I left off, but the whole point of this exercise is to power through the book, no side trips.  Straight to the end.  Action all the way.

Tuskers was 45K words, which is a decent size for ebooks these days.

So far, I've always considered a novel to be at least 65K words, 80K would be better, and 100K is a nice solid chunk.

Here's the thing.  Keep the price moderate, and the story moving, and 45K seems like the proper number for Tuskers.  Especially if I do Tuskers II and Tuskers III at about the same size.

Someday, this may be a 130K saga, again at a moderate price.

I'm hoping to find a picture of a Tusker for the front of the book, and jigger the background colors and such to be able to use the same picture for Tuskers II and Tuskers III.

Mostly, I just want to have fun.

No comments: