Sunday, August 17, 2014

Sometimes you just have to ask the right questions.

I was about a third of the way through Tuskers II before I had to break off to finish the final draft of The Dead Spend No Gold.  Then I needed to read Linda's book, Once on a Blue Moon.

Just as well.  I'd kind of run out of ideas for the book.  I'd started seeing problems.

But when I started thinking about it last night, it was those very problems that gave me the rest of the book.  That is, in trying to resolve the inconsistencies and illogical developments, the rest of the plot came to me. 

Very satisfying.

Sometimes you just have to ask the right questions.

So now it's a matter of entering into the Tuskers world, which is like and unlike my own world.  It has a flavor all its own.  If I can get back to the frame of mind, the rest of the book should be easy.

Plus, nothing is in the way.  I can get to work on it.  I think I'll have clear sailing for Tuskers III too.

No comments: