Tuesday, December 31, 2013

So now I'm a painter.

Had an idea for a painting.  In my hubris, I took out the easel and paint set that Linda bought me a few years ago, and in even greater hubris, I took the one canvas I had and used oil paints.

It's called:  Kayak.   Two border stripes of dark brown, with black streaks.  In the middle, a big stripe of bright blue paint with white splotches, and in the middle a single red spot. 

Purely decorative.

And I botched it.

What the hell do I know about art? 

A third of it looks nice, two/thirds of it looks crappy.

I had an image in my head, and I tried to do it, but I didn't have the technique.  I'm going to let the oil dry for a week, and then try to paint over it.  A little more planning would have been good, but like my writing I just wanted to get it done.

I had another image in my head a few months ago, called Tumbling Geometric Shapes.  I need to buy some more supplies if I'm going to be doing this on a regular basis.

Anyway, this is purely for fun.  Just playing. 

No comments: