Friday, December 13, 2013

A couple who writes together...

Linda is getting ready to publish her book, Telling Tree.

She's pretty excited.

Linda and I met in writer's group 31 years ago, and we've both had times when we were writing and when we weren't writing, sometimes at the same times and others times by ourselves.

But we've always understood each other, always been supportive.  When your significant other disappears for hours, days, weeks, and months at a time -- it probably would be hard for a non-writing spouse to understand what's going on.

When I hear hours of silence in the dining room, I know exactly what's going on.  She's at the table, totally engrossed.

She has a wonderful imagination and tells a great story.  The technical aspects, spelling and grammar, were hard for her at first, but she has learned exponentially, and the modern technology has been a wonder. 

I stay out of her way.  I'd like to be an editor, but I've learned that what I say can demotivate her, so I've stayed away.

But I intend to be the first buyer of her book!

No comments: