Friday, December 27, 2013

Back to writing.

With 5 days left in the month, I'd like to go ahead and finish the first draft of Deeptowers. 

I've got another Cobb and Company book in mind next.  Ghostlanders.  It will feature a huge haunted mansion, set here in Bend.  Bend is so new that it really doesn't have the kind of Victorian mansion I have in mind, or perhaps the Pilot Butte Inn.  Since it's fiction, I may just pretend that the Pilot Butte Inn was never torn down -- or create a Victorian mansion.

Linda and I are planning on one of our little three/four day excursions next month, this time to Eureka California which has some of the huge Victorians I'm talking about.  I also have in mind the Winchester mansion, the one where the lady just kept building and building because of the superstition that as long as she kept building she was safe -- but that is too far away to get to.  Always the google.

Dreamed last night that each room had a ghost and each ghost had a doorway between our world and theirs, that has to do with the way they died, and the puzzle it to figure out how to solve each murder.  Something like that.  Very vague.


Meanwhile, I've gotten on some kind of independent writers list on Twitter where I'm being Followed, and I'm just in turn Following them.  Hoping to gain some insight that way.  I know most are just hoping I'll buy their books, but there might be some info there.


Mostly, though, I'm back to focusing on the writing.

I'm still hoping to publish Blood of Gold in January; the third book in the Vampire Evolution Trilogy.  And still thinking of publishing all of them in one offering.


No comments: