Sunday, December 5, 2010

Never rains but it....

...pours.

After getting the week of Thanksgiving's comics on Monday, and the next shipment a Holiday delay day late, this week's comics are minuscule.

The entire west coast is missing all DC, most Marvel, and most Dark Horse and Image. No one seems to know why. "Snow in New York..." is about all anyone has said so far.

I can't wait until next year when they ship early, and many of these problems will be ameliorated -- hopefully.

**********

Last two days have really been slow, after a pretty good first two days of the month. Not expecting much today, being Sunday and snow. Not the way I wanted to start the month.

This just reinforces my determination to be careful about next year. In about a week from now, any orders I make will have to be paid in January, and I really don't want to load too many pre-commitments into that month...

Just have to keep making sure my orders match my sales.

*********

Todd is home for a few days, and I always enjoy how much Linda comes alive when her sons are home.

We make a joke about Panga about how alive she is after she catches one of the critters on Vole Patrol.

What's funny is to watch Linda come alive in the same way. Life is worth living!

I am an incorrigible nicknamer -- I can't help it. Yesterday, I started calling Linda "Sparky."

Seems to fit.

1 comment:

Duncan McGeary said...

Is it fair to mention that both Friday and Saturday were 'special event' days?

I had almost no one in the door the last two hours on Friday. I locked the doors, and looked around and the sidewalks were packed. Jammed.

The parking garage was completely full, which is a rare event.

But no one had come in that last hour despite the crowds.


I'm not so humbugish to be against the Christmas Parade (the foot race I don't care much about) but we got almost no one in on Saturday, either.

Just saying. Just pointing out the obvious. Not that there is anything I can do about it.

Crowds of people this season so far aren't translating into crowds of sales. Yesterday, for instance, I didn't sell a single book or game -- which is designed for the "crowds".